Thursday, July 30, 2009

Looking back through the window of my own home

She looks well to how things go in her household, and the bread of idleness (gossip, discontent, and self-pity) she will not eat Proverbs 31:27 (Amplified)

Photobucket

So many times it is easy to get wrapped up in the "he said" / "she said" mess of life. We get off focus and turned all around seeing things around us become shambles while we just idely sit and wait. I for one, have not kept my focuse where it needed to be this week. I got off track, and thrown off kilter. Well, it is time to change things around, starting now.

1. What someone does in their home, has NO direct reflection of me, even if I am their friend or aquaintence. If they choose to live in a way that is not acceptable to me, who am I to try to change them?

2. Instead of focusing on leading them the right way to living ( read that as my way), I need to just keep my focus on doing that for myself. Why spend all that energy and time trying to "help" a situation that in reality I have no control over the outcome anyway?

3. Humble myself, because I am not perfect either. I do need to dust on top of my window sills and my ceiling fans. It is pretty scary up there! I have the plank in my eye, and I need to stop trying pull splinters out of someone else's.

4. My time is not to be turning myself into one of those critical and judgemental housewives. I don't have the kind of neighbors of yesterday, where I could stand by the fence and chit chat all afternoon if I chose to. In a way that is a good thing! ( I do however, miss my old neighbors, as they became like family). Too many times though I offer my opiniony opinions to neighbors online, and anyone who will listen.

5. Now is the time to make a stand for women of my generation. (What few of them there are ~ I wouldn't call most of them "women".. or even "ladies". *tsk tsk*) Now is the time to merge old school housewife rules, with a modern twist! Flylady aint' got nothing on me  ~ when I am on my game! I am ready to return to that game!

6. As I am learning to accept myself for who I am, and still like me  ~ I need to do that with others too. I am working on that, and I thank God for what all he has shown me. (We are going through an amazing series at church "The Blessing", and learning how to become a blessing. I sure haven't done my share this week.)

So, let's break that scripture down and make it more personable!

Sheila looks well to how things go in her (AND ONLY HER)  household, and the bread of idleness (gossip, discontent, and self-pity) she will not eat (Parkate in, make available to others, lead, or even think about)Proverbs 31:27 (Amplified) (My additions are in bold)

Do you realize that household here, doesn't always mean the actual building you call home. It means YOU! It means your heart, and the way you think. It means how you do something, and what you chose NOT to do. *sigh*

I have got alot of growing up to do!

1 comment:

  1. SO TRUE!!! I've been thinking a lot on this same subject lately, and focusing on chosing carefully the "advice" I am giving out and he said/she said comments.

    Also, when I was young, I was always more mature than people my age, though I did live through a lot. But as soon as I became a Christian, I feel so young, too young! I have so far to go! I have so much to learn! Isn't God good like that? (If you love learning and growing, which I absolutley love) :)

    Have a good day Mrs Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is welcomed! Spam comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...