Monday, October 19, 2009

Happy Monday to you

Happy Monday! As you see on my facebook update, I have made it my mission today to get more people to LOVE Monday's as much as I do! I am sitting here in my warm fleece pj's ( because I haven't gotten dressed for school yet), drinking a nice cup of coffee (Chocolate Mint Truffle) in my sweater socks. A cozy start to the day. I have already had my shower, and luckily my hair is almost dried.

I am overjoyed this morning. I even woke up with a song in my heart today. "Everyday with you Lord, is sweeter then the day before!". In fact, I was rocking it out in the shower, but luckily it was in my head so I didn't wake the littles.Yesterday was a great day, so for me to imagine that today has to be crummy just because it is Monday.. that is completely absurd! I am so glad I don't think that way. I am glad that I can enjoy every moment of every day, even the tough ones.

Friday evening at my church, we are having a Ladies Night Out. I am so ready!!I am very excited, because I know that whatever Mrs. Devi Titus has to share, is something my heart needs to hear. I have been excited about this event since I heard about it, and I am not going to miss it for anything! Mrs. Titus likes to talk about the home, and a womans heart for just that. I can only imagine that what she has to share, will change my heart for my home forever. God has given her a message, and I know that that message is for me.

I am going to call my mother this afternoon/evening after returning home from the gym while preparing dinner. I think I am going to just announce that we will do Thanksgiving dinner here, since I know that Dad is still in recovery mode, and they may  not be ready for a housefull of company. I guess I will ask her first though, what her wishes are. Maybe she wants to host since they  have seen nothing but hostpital walls since Aug 31. They had gotten to go home for a couple of days but ended right back in the hospital and then returned home last Wed. He is doing well, but he did have a few setbacks. If you could please continue to pray for Richard (dad) and Janice (mom) that they will be filled with the strength, renewed in all their being, and continue to praise the Lord for his recovery.

I am so ready to go to the gym. I went on Thursday and haven't been back. This week my workout schedule is to work out on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Saturday is out of the question unless I finish up in choir rehearsal in time for the kids to still go to the kids club and Tuesday and Sunday are off days.

The weather here has been so lovely. A bit cool, but I do love the change in the seasons. We haven't turned our heat on yet, though yesterday and this morning are/were hovering around 50 (which is cold for me!), but having warm pj's makes all the difference. It can be turned on the next few weeks or so, but not yet. I enjoy having lower gas bills. With the cool weather brings some lovely treats from the oven. This weeks' dessert was Pineapple Upside Down Cake. (For those who do not know, every Sunday I make a dessert for our family to share. Any other day during the week, it may be cookies, granola bars, fruit, yogurt.)

Pineapple Upside Down Cake
1 Yellow Cake Mix (prepared as normal)
1 can of pineapple slices (not the small can, but the regular size)
1/4 to 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 stick of butter

In a cast iron skillet melt butter and sugar together. Allow this mixture to get bubbly and then turn off the burner.Put pineapple slices into mixture. (adding pecans and cherries is also a nice and yummy touch) Mix up cake mix as instruced substituting the water for some of the pineapple juice in the can. Pour cake mix ontop of caramel and pineapples. Bake in a preheated 375* oven for 45 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate and allow to cool. MMM good!

My goals for today:
1. School ~ 8:00 ~ 2:15
2. Home to put laundry in dryer, pick up livingroom, mop kitchen floor.
3. Pick up kids at school (3:00) come home and get homework going. Change into workout clothes. Cut up chicken breasts that have been cooking in crockpot all day, return to broth to continue cooking until after workout.
4. Gym ~ 4:00 ~ 5:15ish
5. Home to finish dinner (chicken noodle soup), clean kitchen after dinner, wind down kids, fold and put away laundry, Shower!!
6. Rest! (read, knit, in bed around 9ish)

5 comments:

  1. I think I am probably the most cynical person about Mondays. I have always hated them. This has inspired me to try harder with not hating them! Your parents are in my prayers. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today has been a good day for me too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always envious of your enthusiasm! I really need to get my head (maybe my heart!) in the right place.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always loved Mondays! It's the same reason I love mornings. It's a new start, a clean slate, a chance to change my life for the better. I am most active, inspired, motivated and eager on Mondays. Good for you for spreading the word :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you all enjoyed your Monday right along with me! God is so good!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is welcomed! Spam comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...