Monday, November 8, 2010

In the light of a new day

Sunday Sunrise 10/31/2010
In the light of a new day, what was a struggle yesterday,
can simply seem like a challenge.
In the light of a new day, what ended as heartbreak,
could be the beginning of a new relationship.
In the light of a new day, what burdens weighed us down,
 have been lifted and we now weigh less then ever before.
~ Sheila King

How do you handle struggles and disappointments? Do you fret over them to the point you have a restless night and feel completely overwhelmed as the alarm clock goes off? I have been there, and at times, I am still there. But I have to say I am growing, and maturing and feeling like above all, I can always run to the Father and in the least talk about what is bothering me ~ no matter how small or big it is. NOTHING is too small.



Walk in the park ~ Summer 2010

As God created the beauty of the earth, He too created the beauty in you. I have one eye that is bigger then the other, and that is His unique signature on me. I have a birth mark between my upper left thigh and my groin area. THAT too is part of His unique signature on me. I am learning, as each moment goes by that there is nothing about me that God hasn't already had His hands on. Nothing. Nada. NOT ONE THING.

Did I eat the best yesterday? Nope. I had sugar. I had lots of it but in little bits at a time. Do I feel like a failure? Nope. I am realizing that I am just wired with a sweet tooth. Always have had it, always will. It's a part of who I am, my unique stamp that God gave me. Sure I can go on sugar fasts and get rid of the cravings, or I can put on my big girl pants and learn how to not only discipline myself to use moderation but I can also enjoy the little tidbits I give myself.

Since I am not trying to be scale focused, I am learning to accept me for what I am and work with it. Not change it. But work with the hard parts to allow them to make me a better me. For better or worse. I want to be stronger, healthier, more fit, but until I can embrace what I have and know what I am working with how I can improve? It's like saying to a car dealership I want a red car and not focusing on that you might really need something bigger then a car to fit your needs. I can easily say I want to be 120 pounds (not that I want to really go that low) but yet not look to see if my body would even be healthy at that number. I realize it isn't about "ME", it is about becoming the woman that God created me to be. I know for a fact He did not create me to panic over a candy bar. He did not create me to weigh  myself five times a day. He did not create me to be a food Nazi and tell everyone they are eating unhealthy and I have the perfect answer. No. He created me with a heart that is passionate for His people, particularly his daughters. He created me to change my life in a way that inspires others themselves to live a life of inspiration. He created me to teach young ones how to love Him, not for what He can do/did do, but simply for WHO He is. He created me to love and to be filled with Joy.


Love in Christ,
Mrs. Sheila
“He must increase, but I must decrease.” – John 3:30

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great post! Love the quote at the top of the post. Thanks for reminding me that we are beautiful in God's eyes and how He made us each different, unique in our own special way!!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is welcomed! Spam comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...