Sunday, December 5, 2010

Repentance and Sacrifice

I realized there are many things that need to come forth before God can even begin working in our lives. Today rings two words. Repentance and Sacrifice. Two of the hardest words to actually put forth into action, even in the most dedicated of believers.

Repentance
Repentance,true heart repentance is mostly difficult because we have to admit fault. No other fault but fault of our own. I cannot repent for you, nor you for me, so that means we have to actually admit we are wrong or made some wrong choices. But let me ask you a question. How many times have you "repented" to your best friend, your husband, but never to the Lord? How many times has it been a "joke"or something funny to share around the dinner table, but never on your knees in your prayer time? Or better yet!! How many times have we repented to the Lord, yet... returned to the same behavior again, again, and  yet again?

For me, I can say I have been guilty of all the scenarios I shared above. But I am thankful that God is daily renewing me, changing me, and growing me to become all that He created me to be. I am learning about true repentance, and I am ever thankful that now that I have the "wisdom", it's up to me to remain in the repentance state  ~ because I am human after all.

Sacrifice
I am also learning that if I am going to put my relationship with God at my utmost priority, then I am going to have to face some sacrifice. Sacrifice from the things that I used to spend so much time, money, and devotion on. The evenings I used to pile on my bed watching TV alone while the kids and the hubby did their thing, the endless TV shows, the excess time on facebook, among other things. Will it be painful? Yes. Will it be hard? Yes. But is it worth it? Yes. I realize I may sound either like a broken record, or like I am off my rocker. I get it. I understand it. But... I am ready to move on. I am ready to expect more from my life then simply 'surviving' day by day. I am ready to experience the abundant blessings that God has for me, and to embrace each one for each are so special.

How does this relate to my weight loss journey (or as I like to say my "Rebuilding" journey)? A ton! I am repenting for playing tug of war with God over my eating issues.  Not a day has gone by that I have not thought about doing it "my way'. I am repenting for being jealous over friends losing weight faster them me, and then feeling like I have to compete with that to hold up God's good name. HA! Who am I? LOL I am repenting for the attitude of superiority, of rebelliousness, among many more. Today is the Lord's Day, and I am excited to say I am doing it His way, everyday from this point forward. I am looking forward to giving God my first fruits of every day ~ the parts of me I am most selfish with.

1 comment:

Your feedback is welcomed! Spam comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...