Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Morning Gift

Yesterday morning I woke up and began having feelings of anxiousness. That feeling in the pit of your stomach when you know something is wrong, or not right. It wasn't stomach pains, I knew this feeling. If left alone, it would loom and build and gain strength until it set me in full circle of anxiety.

On the way to work I was listening to a podcast and was prompted deep within to put it on pause, and just let go of whatever this feeling was in prayer. So, it began. I prayed. I gave God everything I could think of that was bothering me that morning from bills to teenage drama. I told God that since He called me into exploring and embracing child like faith, that was indeed what I was going to do. I was going to give him my burdens no matter how small or how big they were, and I was not going to control those situations in any shape or form. At the end of my prayer, I took a deep breath and immediately my focus was OFF of those concerns.

I arrived at the preschool, began getting ready for the day and I could tell it was going to be an interesting day to say the least. A large envelope was given to me and as I was welcoming a parent and child into my classroom I tossed that envelope on the counter .... and heard the most horrific sound EVER! It slid .... down a hole between my counter top and tall cabinet in my classroom. I often refer to it as a "black hole". The hole of no return.

Immediately I gasped loudly, and the classroom became silent which doesn't happen often when  your in a classroom of 15 four olds ~ who are mostly boys by the way. I was now on the spot! So.... I did the only thing I knew to do before I panicked! I prayed .... out loud! I asked for God's help to get this envelope back. Instantly an idea came... get a yard stick (because it would fit and I knew we had some) and some heavy duty tape and make a sticky stick to grab it.

I tried.... and failed. I tried again.... and failed again. So.... I prayed again. Out loud! I was peaceful, not anxious, not panicky! THAT in itself was a miracle. And lo and behold.... after fervent prayer and simple trust.... the envelope was retrieved!

I then turned around and said "God's word says we are to worry about NOTHING and pray about EVERYTHING and this was a perfect example of that!" One of the kids didn't think that God really said that so we pulled out the bible and read it together!

Yes it was  teachable moment, one that was embraced. I was able to not only show the kids what we should do when something doesn't go our way ~ I was able to give the RIGHT answer as to why! Because God tells us to! It helped me ... as I had already given the burdens of my heart to God on the way to school, and less then an hour I NEEDED Him, prayed to Him, trusted Him, and .... He was very alive in our room!

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6



Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. That was wonderful you was able to share something so simple yet so true with the children.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is welcomed! Spam comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...