Monday, January 25, 2010

Who are you doing this for and why?

Really, it is an easy question, but often it is hard to answer. We have to figure out when we are losing weight, who are we losing it for. Are we losing it for ourselves, or to please someone else? Are we losing it to be healthy or to save a marriage, have kids, go on vacation, look good at an event?

I have caought myself saying "maybe if I lose 10 more pounds" life will be easier. I will feel more loveable. I will be accepted. I developed this pattern of thinking when I was heavy, before reaching where I am today even seemed possible.I would say these things to myself in hopes of having motivation to get up and get busy. The problem is when I am still thinking these things when I am already there. LOL I have not yet "arrived" or even come to accept my body where it is now, I often still see it at 227 pounds instead of the 150 I am today. It is a disordered way of thinking, a type of "stinkin thinkin" that I want to get rid of, and the only way that can happen is through prayer, and re training my thinking. Since this is my biggest challenge, and in some ways, is what is holding me back from reaching my goals, it is what my focus is on lately.

Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -- think about such things.Philippians 4:8

My daughter has an afterschool program thingy going on today, so no gym for me. I will workout at home, but I will also spend some time making cute little scripture cards with the above verse and plaster my house with them. :) All the mirrors, the fridge's, the computer desk, the rearview mirror in the Explorer, and anywhere else I can think to put it!

Why / Who are you doing this for?
I am concentrating on weightloss for many reasons.
1.  I am vain, and want to look pleasing to the eye (my husband's eye)
2. I want to be healthy role model for our kids. Both my husbands' side of the family, as well as mine has obesity running all through it. I want them to see
3. My body is my temple ` my sacrafice to God. It should be as strong and "neat' as I can make it.
4. As a preschool teacher, it is important for me to teach these kids about healthy living, not by what I say, but by how I live.

Now it's your turn! Who are YOU doing this for, and why?

From my scale to yours ~ I wish you a successful day!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I am so with you on numbers 1-3 and 4 is a great reason!! The verse in Phillipians is one of my favorite verses. EVERYtime I watch tv, that verse runs through my head. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the love and support Paula! Sorry I haven't much time lately for a lovely phone call! It's coming though! Don't give up on me!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is welcomed! Spam comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...