Tuesday, September 14, 2010

IT's a new day!

Good morning friends! Can I tell you that I woke up really excited? Well, even if i can't this is my blog so I am going to tell you anyway! Ha! I woke up very excited, because I feel like I am going to take back control of something I let go of. Now.... maybe I need to rephrase that. When I mean "take back control" I don't mean from God. I mean from myself. My flesh. And having self control is a fruit of the spirit we are all to have. Usually the things we need "self control" on , are not easy, and not things we want to use self control on. For me.. it is my food choices.

As I stated yesterday, I am returning more to a lower carb lifestyle. Portions are not a big thing for me on low carb anyway, so that wasn't my problem. My problem was my battle with wanting what I said I couldn't have. It became an unhealthy habit of binge/purge (through laxatives)and then cycle through guilt over the entire issue until those cravings became too strong and I binged again. I truly was becoming a bulemic. Now? I will most likely ease up one day a week (maybe even the whole weekend) and those times when I do eat higher carb foods, I have to keep the portions really small so that I don't feel the negative effects of them on my body. Will I lose weight? I don't know but I would have better balance then I do right now. Right now, I feel like I am living on tons of processed foods.

Over the night, I sneezed and became all snotty. At the preschool there are tons of things going around from a tummy bug to strep throat, to colds, etc. I woke up feeling snotty, with a headache. I was just down for two weeks with what I thought was allergies, but who knows. I do know when I am faithful to reducing my carbs to a low level, my immune system is not challenged like it is right now. All things are lawful for me ( through Christ Jesus) but it doesn't mean I should live on them. And lately, I will be honest and say I have been LIVING on them.

I am still living under the basic principles of listening to my body as God designed it, with hunger and fullness, but I am making wiser choices on my food selections. I don't like being sick. I dont' like NOT having energy, and all this processed food has me feeling both. Back to finding my complete health.So, if your wondering, I am NOT leaving my "healthy god's weigh" blog, I am just going to live a healthy (for me) lifestyle, that I truly feel God leading me back to. I am not new to low carbing, I had to just let go of it , so I could learn to live without the obsession, for a few weeks (almost 2 months).

I am ready to get rid of :
1. Food intolerances to foods (Because it is on foods I usually do not eat)
2. gas
3. lack of energy
4. puffy feeling when I am walking (increase in water retention)

If you will support me in this change I would appreciate it. If you don't, then that' okay too, because I know in my heart this is right.

I will NOT FEEL GUILTY (which often results into my binge/purge cycle) when:
1. I choose to eat breakfast with my choir peeps and I end up eating a donut. (I will eat within my hunger/fullness cues and it will be okay.)
2. My husband wants to eat out at a resteraunt that is not condusive to lower carb choices. ( I will eat within my hunger/fullness cues and it will be okay.)
3. Special occasion that isn't that special but includes foods I love but dont' often eat. (I will eat within my hunger/fullness cues and it will be okay.)

IF I can have the freedom to eat what I want and still lose weight eating between my  hunger/fullness cues, I will enjoy the freedom to eat lower carb foods the majority of the time. THEY make me feel wonderful! If I have something off, but it is still within those cues, its okay too!

Love in Christ,
Mrs. Sheila
“He must increase, but I must decrease.” – John 3:30

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Sheils, for this post. I so needed to hear again about gaining the victory over our flesh. My prayers are with you, sister.
    Love in Christ, Pat

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is welcomed! Spam comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...