Saturday, October 9, 2010

Cooking Challenges

Have you ever taken the time to challenge yourself or do you find that life is challenge enough on it's own? I have seen seasons of both. Currently though, I am finding that I am wanting to be more creative and inspired in the kitchen. I don't want to be one of those working mothers and wives who constantly relies on fast food or take out of some sort to get through the dinner hour. Yes, I have always been a "Betty Crocker" wannabe. Now, I just allow myself to be that way!

I don't know if it is the change of seasons or what, but I am inspired to begin cooking more *new to me* recipes. Recipes that bring the yums and the oohs and ahhs around the dinner table, even if only by myself LOL.

I am committing to make two new recipes a week, AND to only allow ONE takeout meal a week. We have done pretty good with that, and I have to say I find it less and less appealing and appetizing then a meal coming from my own kitchen. I am also going back to menu planning. I did it for a couple of weeks and had it on the fridge. Made things easy and I didn't always have to ask hubby "what he wants for dinner".  Even the kids stopped asking me and knew to check the menu posted on the fridge.

So, as I gather my new recipes and old ones too, tell me.. what is your favorite thing to cook in the Autumn? I am looking for all kinds of new recipes ~ breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks, desserts. I can't wait to see what you share! Also, I challenge YOU to begin breaking out of the "normal" for your family when it comes to recipes!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hope you like Thai food. I'll be posting my all-time favourite meal in the next couple days, Chiang Mai - actually the name of a city I learned this month. But that's also what the recipe's called. Yum :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is welcomed! Spam comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...