Thursday, October 7, 2010

Scale Obsession & A change in GAG

Yesterday I approached the GAG challengers with a pertinent question. Did they want the weekly weigh ins or would they rather continue the challenge and only have the pressure of one weigh in ~ on the last day (Dec 25th)? Imagine my surprise when I realized that everyone ( who commented anyway) wanted to keep the weekly weigh ins when I was feeling a since of anxiety and dread.

Not because of the number, or wanting to win, but because of the bondage. I still feel tied to a number. I still have a lot of issues with letting go of former expectations, and this challenge for me is just exacerbating them. Expectations that have been laid out by "experts" on what someone of my stature should weigh. Depending upon which one of the many available charts that are out there. I should be "healthy" at anywhere from 107 to 148.  That is a huge range.

As I continue to ponder the issue of how I can get through this challenge without being tempted to focus more on the scale then the actual healing process I NEED to take place. God provided!

Did you see that? GOD PROVIDED!

Sweet Annie weighs about what I do. She asked to join late. She is a fellow Gag Challenger from 2009, and is getting back on track. I truly feel that this is an answer to prayer for me, and for her as well. I knew this was the answer! Annie is taking my place on Team Vixon.

I am going to continue what I am doing and feel no pressure but still be bale to help those in GAG by keeping them challenged and inspired to make the long haul of the next eleven weeks.

Some may understand, some may not. Totally not mine to worry about right now. GAG was birthed through me wanting to make changes not only in my own life, but to inspire others to do the same. That dream of Gag is still there, I am just at the other end... coaching you, cheering you on, staying on the outside, yet always remaining by EACH of you side by side, step by step.

Love in Christ, Mrs. Sheila “He must increase, but I must decrease.” – John 3:30

3 comments:

  1. That gave me goosebumps as I read that!

    Team Vixon, here I come for a second year in a row! Thank you, Mrs. Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you are where you should be. Inspiring others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Annie is here...and even on my Team! ROCK ON :)

    Of course we understand Shelia... no worries!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is welcomed! Spam comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...