Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Spiritual Encounter

Photobucket

Have you ever had one of those God moments? You know, something happen that you know God had a hand in yet you can't quite make out what.. yet?! That happened to me this Sunday. It was our 27th anniversary celebration and after the choir was finished with our portion of the service, we all rushed out to get seats in the sanctuary so we wouldn't miss a minute of it. When I walked up into the risers, there was a whole row behind another partially used row. I decided to go to the end of it, totally secluded, which is unusual for this social butterfly. I noticed an elderly gentlemen sitting in the seat directly behind where I was sitting. Once or twice I had thought about moving up a row, but just decided to stay put.

The service was beautiful! As usual I had jotted a few thoughts down and one thing that came to my mind was this:
I realize there is a lot of things that I choose not to do because it will take me out of my comfort zone. I have many "excuses" but they hold me back.
*Participating in many activities out side of the home
*Writing
* (left blank. My thoughts had ended and I went back to listening to the service.)

I want to come to the point where I can easily walk outside of my comfort zone, though I doubt it would be easy. I haven't done that in a LONG time. The sermon was about "2 1/2 doors", and how Jesus is behind those doors just waiting to see if we are going to knock, open it, or allow him to close it.

Towards the end of the service, the nice gentlemen I mentioned before got up to leave, stopped by my seat and handed me a tiny slip of paper with a scripture verse that he wrote down on it. I took it, not saying a word, because I knew  that God must have breathed that particular word for me on this very day through this nice man. In fact he didnt' even try to make eye contact. He didn't give anymore of those little pieces of papers out either.
'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.' Jer 33:3 NIV
I am completely dumbfounded, blessed, and well... speechless.


When I look at this in the amplified version of the Bible I am just in tears.

Call to Me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things, fenced in and hidden, which you do not know (do not distinguish and recognize, have knowledge of and understand). Jer 33:3 AMP

Wow! What a way to tell me to pull the reigns in on things in my life that really I have no need to seek other's opinons or approval on especially if I haven't sought Him. I am anxious now to see what Mighty things God has in store to show me. What things that I just can't find within my own searching and understanding, is He willing to show me?! I am pulling away from a lot right now, because I don't want to miss out on this opportunity. I want to dig into scripture and read more then ever before to see just what it is to learn that I need to learn! Finally, quiet time with my Lord instead of me stairing at the computer worrying about who did what, said what, etc..

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Nice post Sheila. I have missed your blog and glad to read this one today. It was very encouraging. God bless you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this yesterday but didn't have time to comment. This is awesome. I love God moments like these!! What a precious moment in time. Thank you for your love and support yesterday when I was feeling out of sorts. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is welcomed! Spam comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...