Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thanksgiving at the King's House

Photobucket

This year I am hosting Thanksgiving for my parents, my brother and his wife, as well as the five of us here at home. I have no idea what my menu is going to be, so that is why you find me here, blogging two weeks before the big day! YIKES! I was honestly thinking I had three weeks left to prepare!

Tentative Menu

AppetizerCheese & Meat tray w/ Assortment of crackers
Veggie tray w/ Ranch Dip
Relish tray (Pickles, olives)

Main CourseRoasted Chicken (My Daddy, and Husband would prefer chicken over turkey)
Cornbread Dressing (Momma's bringing) & Cranberry sauce
Green beans cooked w/ bacon and new potatoes
Steamed Asparagus w/ toasted almonds and butter
Mashed Potatoes w/ Gravy
Rolls
Dessert OptionsPecan Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Brownies

A simple menu, in spite of some rather large spreads I have seen in my days, but there are only nine of us, and a few of us are picky eaters. I would love to have a broccoli rice casserole up there, but my brother doesn't eat it and well, to be honest sometimes we offer TOO many options at the table. The various options for dessert are because there are some that are coming who do not like pumpkin (WHAT?), my daughter doesn't like ANY kind of pie, and there are some of us who will taste them all ! LOL

So, my dear friends, what are YOU serving this Thanksgiving? I would LOVE to hear what's going to be on your Thanksgiving table this year. Perhaps you can inspire me to make something different or new that I haven't even thought of.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a feast! Hey if you use carrots (yes I'm serious) instead of pumpkin in your pumpkin pie it's super yummy and you can use 1/4 less sugar in the filling as well.

    Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sheila, I have no words to thank you for the incredibly gracious comment you left me today. Thank you! (((hugs)))

    Your Thanksgiving meal sounds delicious!!!!

    Love & Hugs!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh MY goodness!!! Sounds sooo yummy and I'm hungry now. I'm having the traditional feast...turkey, dressing, green bean casserole, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO sorry to hear about your Sister Sheila!!!! I can't imagine. (((hugs))) I pray you and your family will feel God's arms carrying you through this very difficult season. God bless you.

    I'll be praying for you.

    Love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is welcomed! Spam comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...