Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Creamy Pesto Ranch Chicken

Good morning! Yesterday was one of those days where I knew I wanted something delish, yet not spend a whole lot of time in the kitchen! Enter in, one of my favorite kitchen tools ... the slow cooker!  I let this yummyness cook on low all day, and when I got home all I needed to do was shred the chicken add some half and  half, then cook the pasta, green beans and garlic toast and viola! A yummy meal that was well received by everyone! Even the picky eaters ~ which we all kinda are in our own way! 


Creamy Pesto Chicken

Ingredients
2 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 jar of pesto
1 packet of Ranch seasoning
1 8oz pack of Cream cheese
Garlic Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
Dash of Chipolte Chili Powder (completely optional)

Directions
  • Place chicken in crockpot and season with garlic salt and pepper (as well as chipolte chili powder if you opt to use it). Red Pepper flakes would be good in this too! 
  • In a small bowl, mix the pesto and ranch seasoning and set aside. 
  • Cut cream cheese into cubes and put over chicken. 
  • Top cream cheese/chicken with pesto ranch mixture. 
  • Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. 
  • Shred and from here you can decide if you need more liquid. I added about 1/3 cup of half and half because I was serving it with pasta. If I was just serving over steamed cauliflower or broccoli (great keto/low carb option) I would omit adding it. 

And if you haven't been by YouTube lately, I am daily vlogging! :) Who knew right!?! Here is the video and in it you can see how I throw this meal together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is welcomed! Spam comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...