Monday, September 20, 2010

An Independent woman..... not really a great thing

The world says that I am supposed to be a strong and independent woman, and if I am not then really my words and actions have little to no validation in this thing called life.

in·de·pen·dent (nd-pndnt)


adj.

1. Not governed by a foreign power; self-governing.

2. Free from the influence, guidance, or control of another or others; self-reliant: an independent mind.

3. Not determined or influenced by someone or something else; not contingent: a decision independent of the outcome of the study.

4. often Independent Affiliated with or loyal to no one political party or organization.

5. Not dependent on or affiliated with a larger or controlling entity: an independent food store; an independent film.

6.

  •  a. Not relying on others for support, care, or funds; self-supporting.
  •  b. Providing or being sufficient income to enable one to live without working: a person of independent means.

 7. Mathematics
  • a. Not dependent on other variables.
  • b. Of or relating to a system of equations no one of which can be derived from another equation in the system.
8. Independent Of or relating to the 17th-century English Independents.
God calls us to be anything but independent, but rather dependant upon Him.
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.Matthew 6:33 NIV
He wants us to seek HIM first, seek His ways, seek His heart, seek His motives, seek His presence, seek His friendship, seek His kindness, mercy and grace before we even think about seeking anything else.
"No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." Luke 16:13 NIV
Whether it be food, money, sex, greed, self, whatever, you CAN'T have that as a GOD and still serve the one true God. You can't serve SELF and GOD at the same time. In order to do this we must become totally dependant upon GOD and His ways, His strength, His leading.

If we truly are wanting to live a life that reflects the goodness of God, and all that He encompasses, then we must let go of self, which includes being independent as the world calls it. That is the one thing I have been lacking in my own journey, is letting go of the Independence part and completely and totally depending on God for all things.

I, myself am relying 100% on God for the first time in my life. And for me, there is no turning back. What I am currently facing, I cannot do alone and I know that. I can do nothing in my own power ~ it has to come directly from Him. I know that. I know that is why I am called to the place in my life that I am today. It has nothing to do with ME but it does have tons to do with what God wants to do through me in Him.

Love in Christ,
Mrs. Sheila
“He must increase, but I must decrease.” – John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is welcomed! Spam comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...