Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My ways are not His ways

My ways are not His ways. In fact, this is what was my last Face Book Status yesterday evening.


my plans are not His, and I was humbly reminded of that today.
Amazing, is our Lord! Yesterday morning I sat down here for a few minutes and shared my goals for the day. Did you read that? *MY* goals. Little did I know that God had other plans for me, especially after work. I had a couple of assignments that I needed to take care of, and one of them I rushed right through and had done, only to delete it when it was 98% complete. (Insert heavy sigh here) I got what I needed done, and in between got dinner and laundry going (and switched to the dryer). Needless to say I had a bounty of energy to get some of the "little things" done that make the most of a difference to me alone (like sweeping the crunchy leaves off the porch) and then knew when it was time to call it quits and relax. I could feel it. I could feel it in all of my being. When I did change into my nightgown, and sit downwith my book, I realized that very statement above there. My plans are not His ~ but His are worth dropping everything I had worked out in my mind (on paper) to accomplish.

Even though I had the best intentions, they still were not in line with His for me. I could feel it as the day ended how relieved and at peace I was feeling simply because I understood. It's not about getting done what I want in my life ~ it is about living my life with a purpose of His will in it. Now don't get me wrong, I was very down for a brief moment because I felt like a failure ~ until I found truth in His will for me, and validation for doing what He has called me to do.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Amen to finding His truth. We are always so hard on ourselves. Praise God for the sweet blessed assurance you received from Him yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is welcomed! Spam comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...