Friday, October 22, 2010

Reading calms my soul

Every since about Jr. High, I have had a love for reading. I remember many lazy Saturday evenings at home, or even Sunday afternoons after church lounging in my room curled up with a book. I have gone through phases where you will always find my nose stuffed behind the cover of a book, and then months where life just seems so busy I have NO desire for reading. I am working on that. I want to read consistently. In fact, I just ordered 3 books from Amazon, after recieving 3 just a few weeks ago. (P.S I love amazon because I can usually get free shipping very easily and it is super quick. I ordered these on Monday evening, and recieved them today.)

I am going to commit to reading at least two books a month for 2011. A mix of nonfiction, Spiritual growth, fiction, home making, etc. I don't want to ONLY ready for enjoyment, because I love to learn and want to learn more.

Here are the three books I got in today:


















I am very excited to be able to poor myself into these, especially as the early nights begin to creep closer and closer to "normal". As I am evolving into a more complete and balanced woman of God I am very careful to what I read. I want it to enrich me, to be able to allow me to walk away from it a changed person. I am also rereading The Yada Yada Prayer Group by Netta Jackson.

It is still my dream to write, and I am ambitions to begin, yet I am not sure WHAT I should be writing. I need to get out of my comfort zone, no matter how fearful it is. But no matter what, I believe in reading and allowing what I read to move me.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Crazy Love is a great book. We went through it last year in community group. It messes with you but in a good way.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is welcomed! Spam comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...