Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday ~ A fresh beginning

Photobucket
There's just something about Mondays that are so healing to me. Maybe because in our culture Monday is a new start to the week (even though it shows Sunday as the first day on the calendar). I was going to plan on going to the gym this afternoon, but I think I am going to get in one of those old fashioned "house blessings" workouts. You know. The Cinderella Workout?! I want to mop my floors and polish some of the wood furniture really good.

This morning on a WD forum, I got some much needed inspiration. Yesterday I blogged a bit about going back to the basics, and well this morning I was blessed with a nudge to do just that. Wait for the growl. Why? Because then I know without a shadow of a doubt that my body truly is hungry, and I must take a moment and nourish it appropriately and with small amounts. I have not been embracing my growl much lately. I have never "picked the choice bites first", and I need to learn to receive every bite with Thanksgiving in my heart and spirit. I do, at first, but then I become consumed with other things.

I think there are times I still have food phobias, and I eat certain foods out of rebellion of not eating them for so long. Will I always eat like that? I don't know. But one thing is changing. I am going to be ever thankful for every bite that God has given me to eat. I am very blessed to know how to cook, to have money, to have the availability to eat what I want most times. It's time to appreciate that.

Each time I eat away from the boundaries of Hunger and Satisfaction ( I will no longer say fullness because I have a distorted view of what "full" means.) I....
1. Choose to serve either food, the feelings from overeating, or simply pleasing others to become a god that I serve. Not God in Heaven, but gods of this world.
2. begin to doubt the creator made me in His own special perfect way.
3. question God's ability to take care of me.

Today I choose to serve the one true God ~ as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord (Joshua 24:15), and believe that God created me just as He did for a purpose (Psalms 139:14) and I will not question the Lord anymore ~ for his ways are perfect.

I pray that you indeed have a blessed Monday and may you be able to clearly hear the small still voice of God today in every step, every decision, and every moment.

Love in Christ,
Mrs. Sheila
“He must increase, but I must decrease.” – John 3:30

For everything God has created is good, and nothing is to be thrown away or refused if it is received with Thanksgiving. 1 Tim 4:4

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you in a heartfelt desire to serve the One and True Living God. It was refreshing to read how God is directing your steps. I agree that Mondays are refreshing! Mine was great, I hope yours was too. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. I knew if I came over I would get some much needed spurring to get back on track. My desire is to definitely please our Lord ... and I would love my body to reflect a surrendered soul as well.

    (((hugs)))
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is welcomed! Spam comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...